Family camping, sometimes fun, sometimes challenging, but why can’t the be epic too?
Our best family camping tips!
This post has affiliate links
- Figure out the bathroom situation – As you plan your trip, make sure you double check the bathroom situation before you choose to stay. Some campsites are outfitted with complete bathrooms, including showers, while others have no accommodations, and you have to dig holes. Both can be fun, but make sure you know what you are getting into with your kids before you leave.
- Lighting – Make sure you have lots of lights for the kids. Headlamps are a must for nighttime, flashlights help too. You can even get glow sticks to hang in the tent at bedtime so it’s not pitch black.
- Fire safety – Remember to talk about fire safety with the kids before you leave. There are so many
- Bring outdoor toys – Frisbees are a fun, but make sure to bring things like little construction toys. Kids will love to move dirt, rocks and sticks around with their mini bulldozers and dump trucks.
- Don’t forget bug spray – Do we need more words than this? Bugs are crazy in the woods. Get sunscreen and bug spray in great supply!
- Bedding – Sleeping bags are an obvious choice, but if you are looking for a more affordable mattress option, bring pool lounges!
- Epic Wipes – We were sent a whole box of these, and they are, well, epic. They are massive (16X the size of your average wipe) and you can use them to clean you and your kids during camping. Check out their kickstarter!
Do you have any epic camping tips? Share them with us in the comments!
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Paula Rollo (see all)
- The road trip safety tip most families don’t know about - May 25, 2017
- Gluten Free Travel Food - May 6, 2017
- Why You Should Travel Internationally With Preschoolers - May 4, 2017