This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeToBe #CollectiveBias
It doesn’t matter where we are going, our family always packs light. Even when we show up with 3 bags for the 4 of us, we still feel like we overpacked and there are things we could’ve done without.
We know how much clutter weighs us down in our home, and we’ve found the same is true for travel as well. You’re always worrying that you’ll forget something, or something will get stolen, when you bring too much. If you have just enough, those worries seem much less.
This Summer, our family drove to Florida with a couple other families, including my in-laws. It was an amazing trip, and we packed light as always. Even with few bags to our names, we still have essentials that we can’t quite do without on a trip!
Our Road trip travel essentials
Tip: Wear your heaviest pair of pants, a shirt, your heaviest jacket (if needed) and your regular undergarments for your travel days. Wearing your heaviest/bulkiest things can save you a lot of space and weight in your bag.
- 2 pairs shorts
- 3 tank tops
- 1 regular shirt
- 1 set pajamas
- 2 swim suits
- 5 sets undergarments
Since we stayed in a condo, I knew we’d have easy access to a washing machine and dryer so that made packing light as far as clothing goes, a lot easier.
- If you have some sort of an e-reader, you’ll be set for travel entertainment. However, if not, you might need to use half of your bag for books. My husband and I found that we were both doing this a bit too much and now we both have digital ways to read.
Even if you aren’t sold on the whole ebook thing for everyday reading, it really can’t be beat for reading on the go. Especially since most libraries now have a collection of ebooks too. There’s nothing like being mid-road trip, finishing a book and downloading another (for free) in just a matter of minutes!
- Deck of cards OR some fun pass-around games on some one’s phone. If you are traveling with friends and family this is a great way to keep your bag light, but have something everyone can do together in the evenings as well.
- You could bring along board games if you are road-tripping and have extra room in the car. We brought some of our favorites on this trip for sure.
- After sun lotion
- Laundry detergent (all® free clear mighty pacs® are perfect)
I know you might be thinking we’re cray for including laundry detergent as a travel must-have but hear me out!
If you have some one if your family with sensitive skin like we do, then this is a must-have to keep everyone comfortable and having fun while on your trip.
At home, we get the all® free clear liquid but the all® free clear mighty pacs® are perfect for a trip!
Make room in your bag, or in the car if you are going on a road trip, for the detergent that is right for your family. Always be sure to follow the instructions on the packaging exactly!
We stopped by Target on our our way to Florida this Summer to stock up on everything we needed. Since we were going on a road trip, all® free clear liquid was an easy addition to the back of the car, and one that’s always worthwhile. I know it will be gentle on my daughter’s sensitive skin, fight all our vacation stains, whiten our whites and brighten our colors.
My husband and daughter both break out if they use detergents with heavy scents or other additives, so all® free clear is a must for us, no matter where we are. All® free clear comes to the rescue with its perfume-free, dye-free hypoallergenic formula that removes 99% of the top everyday and seasonal allergies*. It is the #1 Recommended brand by dermatologists, allergists, and pediatricians for sensitive skin that lets you worry less and live more.
I’ve learned that taking care of this one little detail can really help my daughter experience our trips to the fullest, as she is free to be herself and have fun without itchiness or irritation!
- While we were there, we were also able to stock up on the snacks and food we’d need for the trip, and car-entertainment for the kids. While I’m happy with a quick ebook, we all know kids need a lot more than that, especially when they can’t read yet.
I can’t wait for the day my kids are old enough to read in the car, but for now, we’ll stick with these ideas for them.
We already had plenty of sand toys, but you can get those pretty much anywhere all® free clear liquid is sold too!
*Dog and cat dander, dust mite matter, ragweed pollen, grass/tree pollen. All® free clear is not intended to treat or prevent allergies.
What are your must-haves for a beach road-trip? Share in the comments and don’t forget to buy all® free clear!
Latest posts by Paula Rollo (see all)
- Decorating Ideas That Will Feed Your Wanderlust - August 23, 2017
- How to get more traffic to your travel blog using pinterest - August 8, 2017
- What to eat at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - August 2, 2017