One of the hardest parts of being some one who loves to travel, is those days when you have to stay home. The ins and outs of regular life can be so much more challenging than a trip to a foreign country.
Battling jetlag (even with kids) is definitely easier than working full time and then waking up to help get the kids off to school on time and with smiles on their little faces.
Truth be told, I’m fueled by lots and lots of coffee these days!
In addition to curbing my sleepiness, it allows us to get a little more adventurous, even when we’re just at home.
Just a few of our ideas to make every day with the kids an adventure (even when you’re pressed for time)
- Go on a scavenger hunt around town, or just in your own backyard
- Explore a new area of town
- Find free/cheap local tours to go on (check out this one we just discovered in our city!)
- Go letter boxing or geo caching with the kids (a favorite)!
- Go on a family bike ride – even if it’s only 20 minutes long
- Practice learning a new language (it can help get you ready for your next trip AND it’s a great brain workout)
- Go for a drive and let the kids pick which direction you’ll go at every intersection. See where you end up!
- Spin a globe, then point to a random location and look up 5 facts each about the country you pointed to
- Google traditional children’s games from different countries and try to master them in your own backyard
- Get out a piece of paper and let your kids plan their “perfect day” while you take notes. Find a way to experience their perfect day together.
We could go on and on. There’s one thing that raising kids has taught me, it’s to see beauty and adventure in absolutely everything.
It’s easy to forget how much fun there is to be had in our own backyard and our own city, especially when we’ve caught the travel bug!!!
Keeping up with the energy needed to match my kid’s love for life and excitement is another story all together. This week, I partnered with and tested out Bulletproof brand coffee for a full 7 days, and I love the results! I have more energy and I’m ready to take on anything!
Bulletproof isn’t just average coffee. It’s Upgraded Coffee blended with grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee and Brain Octane Oil. It’s full of healthy fats and is low toxin & high performance.
There’s difference in the bean itself too. high quality coffee. There truly is a difference, not only in taste, but in what it can do for your body. Have you ever wondered why there are so many conflicting studies about the effects of coffee on humans? Some studies say it’s good for you, other say it’s bad…
It turns out it really depends on the coffee. Good coffee can help your memory, energy levels and even your brain function. It can serve as a huge source of antioxidants and provides all kinds of positive health outcomes. Bad coffee, is often moldy (though we can’t tell, with it all ground up) and contaminated with mycotoxins which cause all sorts of issues I don’t even want to get into. Just let it be known we want to be avoiding the low quality coffees and sticking with the good stuff!
Bulletproof doesn’t stop with just the coffee though, the recipe for the REAL Bulletproof coffee is:
Brew 1 cup of coffee using Bulletproof Coffee beans, add in 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane to the coffee. (This is stuff is strong…start with a lower amount and work your way up) Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee.
Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it is frothy. (an immersion blender would work great for this.
The Brain Octane Oil gives energy without the traditional “coffee crash” we’re all used to, which leaves us running to the kitchen for another cup. It contains 16x the healthy fats of the popular coconut oil and improves your health and energy with regular use. The affects can almost always be felt instantly!
If you are looking to add grass-fed fat to your diet, then the ghee in your morning cup of coffee is a great way to give you that extra boost first thing in the morning! Bulletproof has a variety of products available in store and online!
See the celebrities who have started drinking it AND more about how it all works here:
This is just one simple way to have the energy to chase adventure every single day. It’s amazing how easy it is to find the fun parts of life, and exiting things too, when you have the energy to keep up with yourself and your family!
How will you discover adventure this week? Order your Bulletproof coffee today so you can get started having fun ASAP!!!
Latest posts by Paula Rollo (see all)
- Decorating Ideas That Will Feed Your Wanderlust - August 23, 2017
- How to get more traffic to your travel blog using pinterest - August 8, 2017
- What to eat at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - August 2, 2017